How to Correct Errors on

I received an email notification from that I had a new record match in my tree. It just happened to be a tip about my own marriage information. The problem was they did a number on my wifes last name. They spelled it Lesheim instead of Hillesheim. What does one do in this situation? On the left under "Page Tools," it says "Add Alternate Information." Click on that and input the correct information. You can also report a problem when view records (like a census) at the top right. It will say, "Report a Problem." Don't be hesitant to report a problem. It helps's credibility and helps other get the correct information. 


Post a Comment